December 2012 Beer of the Month Club
BEER OF THE MONTH CLUB
December 2012 – An Around the World Celebration!
Complete 10 lists – try new beer and get your name immortalized on the wall!
- Sri Lanka Lion Stout (Foreign Stout) This 8.0% abv, bottle conditioned beer is brewed from British, Czech and Danish malts with Styrian hops and an English yeast strain. All the ingredients are transported along precarious roads to the brewery located 3,500 feet above sea level.
- Canada Unibroue Don de Dieu(Belgian Strong Ale) “The World’s Best Belgian Strong Ale of 2012” Orchard fruit and spices, coriander and sage. A tinge of pear drops, boozy middle, then more pear notes, full malts with a long sweet finish.
- Austria Samichlaus Classic OR Helles (Dopplebock/Heller Bock) Brewed only once a year on December 6. Samichlaus is aged for 10 months before bottling. Serve with hardy robust dishes and desserts, particularly with chocolates, or as an after dinner drink by itself. Brewed under the exclusive license of Feldschlösschen-Hürlimann-Holding, Switzerland.
- Japan Hitachino XH (Belgian Strong Ale Strong) matured in distilled Sake barrels. The final Maturation takes place in Shochu casks (distilled sake) for 3 months. Malts: Marris Otter, Munich, Crystal, Chocolate Hops: Chinook, Styrian Golding Original
- Germany Augustiner Maximator (Dopplebock) Maximator is a huge beer, sticky in consistency, dark ruby in color with virtually no carbonation and a sweet malty nose.
- Scotland Orkney Dark Island (Old Ale) The nose on this beer is ripe and fruity with slightly vinous esters, married to interesting hop notes – the color of a glorious red ruby wine.
- England Samuel Smith’s Nut Brown Ale (Brown Ale) Brewed at Samuel Smith’s small, traditional British brewery with well water (the original well sunk in 1758 is still in use), best barley malt, roasted barley, yeast and aromatic hops. Nut Brown Ale is relatively dry with a rich amber-brown color and nutty flavor derived from small amounts of dark malt. Brown ales are a specialty of Northern England. Fermented in ‘stone Yorkshire squares’.
- Belgium Caracole Nostradamus(Belgian Strong Ale) A very complex artisanal Wallonian brown ale, rich, warming, little, piquant in the mouth with licorice, mocha flavors, pear, and toasted bread background notes, perfect after-dinner drink or night cap.
- Kenya Tusker Lager (Pale Lager) Brewed in Kenya since 1922. Medium alcohol beer that is a favorite choice for many occasions.
- USA Your Choice American Seasonal For America;s representative you can choose any of the American Winter seasonal brews we carry. Cheers!