May 2013 Beer of the Month Club
BEER OF THE MONTH CLUB
May 2013 – Some of the Tipple’s Staffs’ Favorite Beers!
Complete 10 lists – try new beer and get your name immortalized on the wall!
- Weihenstephaner OriginalMatt’s Favorite A good beer takes time. The long lager time makes this beer a matter of mild, flavorful beer enjoyment. Brewed in accordance with a centuries-old beer tradition on Weihenstephan Hill.
- Young’s Double Chocolate StoutBryant’s Favorite Chocolate malt and real dark chocolate are combined with Young’s award winning rich, full flavored dark beer to craft a satisfyingly indulgent, but never overly sweet experience.
- North Coast Old Rasputin Aubrey’s Favorite A rich, intense brew with a robust palate, a fruity nose and a warming finish. Very complex.
- Köstritzer Schwarzbier Cale’s Favorite Köstritzer barley malts give the beer its unique specialty fine malt flavor. The lively and elegant character creates a unique taste experience.
- Ommegang BPA Ben’s Favorite This fine pale ale has citrus and tropical fruit aromatics shared with a well-balanced – yet abundant – hop character.
- Cuvée des Jacobins Rouge Cale’s Favorite It has a robust character but is beautiful and sophisticated with a full body and overtones of vanilla, dried cherry, stone fruit and cocoa. It is a complex, beautiful sour beer.
- Stiegl Goldbräu Bryant’s Favorite Stiegl Goldbräu boasts an unrivaled, well rounded, balanced and wonderfully thirst-quenching flavor.
- Left Hand Milk Stout NITRO Matts Favorite Dark & delicious, America’s great milk stout will change your perception about what a stout can be.
- Franziskaner Weissebier Aubrey’s Favorite Deep golden color. Natural cloudiness, with yeast. Crispy, refreshing, spicy and fruity.
- Theakston Old Peculier Ben’s Favorite Its initial sweetness is, “of roasted and vinous notes with a subtle bitter aftertaste.” Strong fruitiness, often with “banana notes” standing out, is derived from Old Peculier’s fermentation process.
- St. Bernardus Abt 12Cale’s Favorite A dark ivory colored beer with a high fermentation, this is the showpiece of the brewery. Thanks to its soft and unconditionally genuine aroma, the beer can be smoothly tasted. The Abt has a very fruity flavor.
- Hitachino Nest White Ale Matt’s Favorite Hitachino Nest White Ale is brewed in the tradition of a Belgian style white beer with coriander, nutmeg, orange peel and orange juice.