June 2013 Beer of the Month Club
BEER OF THE MONTH CLUB
June 2013 – Summertime Brews–quench your thirst with these refreshing brews!
Complete 10 lists – try new beer and get your name immortalized on the wall!
- Orval (Belgian Pale Ale) Sunset-orange color; a fruity and slightly acidic bouquet, firm body, profound hop bitterness, and long, dry finish. Orval is bottled with Brettanomyces, a yeast strain that leads to superb dry complexity and ageworthiness.
- Widmer Hopside Down(India Pale Lager) Widmer has been turning things deliciously upside down with an aggressively hopped cold-fermented brew that brings together the clean crisp finish of a lager with the hoppy aroma and character of an IPA.
- Goose Island Summertime (Kolsch)This pale golden ale with a lightly fruity aroma is cold-conditioned or lagered after its primary fermentation. More simply, Summertime uses only the finest malts and German hops to create the perfect beer for hot Summer days and warm Summer nights.
- Tilquin Gueuze (Gueuze) A traditional Belgian lambic ale blended from 1, 2, and 3 year old lambics. It’s unfiltered and unpasteurized, and is refermented in the bottle for at least 6 months.
- Sweetwater Road Trip (Golden Ale) It started out as a Pilsner recipe, but halfway through it blew a tire and Ale yeast was put on as the spare. The result was so good, it never could have been planned!
- Victory Summer Love (Blonde Ale) The brew has a vibrant and refreshing pale color derived from its lean and refreshing malt body. And the initially floral aroma of hops segues into a well-integrated, refreshing hop dryness of European heritage.
- Green Flash Rayon Vert (Belgian Pale Ale) A bold layering of hops finds balance from traditional malts. Bottle conditioning with fresh ale yeast and Brettanomyces finishes the beer, adding a delightful effervescence, dryness and continuously evolving character. Rayon Vert is Green Flash.
- Avery Karma (Belgian Ale) A decidedly fruity and estery ale, intricate in body and nose, all driven by a unique Belgian yeast strain. Remember, good things DO happen to good people. Here’s to being good!
- Bell’s Oberon (Wheat Ale) An American wheat ale made with European ingredients. Belgium wheat malt and Czech Saaz hops provide a spicy, fruity balance to this seasonal ale.
- Saison Dupont (Saison) Saison Dupont is a classic Belgian farmhouse ale. This is a beautifully balanced, complex beer that has a refreshing fruitiness and long, dry finish.
- Oskar Blues Mama Little Yella Pils (Pilsner) Their first lager produced with the 20 bbl brewhouse. This pilsner is a clear golden color. Four additions of Saaz hops lend a spicy-floral hop component.
- Ommegang Fleur de Houblon (Belgian Ale) A delicious summer beer featuring whole-cone Bravo hops are used to impart their earthy, fruity, and floral aromas and flavors.