December 2013 Beer of the Month Club
BEER OF THE MONTH CLUB
December 2013 – An American Road Trip!
Complete 10 lists – try new beer and get your name immortalized on the wall!
1. Florida Beer Key West Southernmost Wheat Florida (Witbier) A very Floridian version of a Belgian wheat featuring key lime.
2. Sweetwater Festive Georgia (Winter Warmer) A full-bodied, high-octane brew capped off with the use of cinnamon and mace. This beer will warm you all the way to your bones.
3. Heavy Seas Mutiny Fleet Below Decks Maryland (Barley Wine) A classic example of an English style barley wine – rich, malty, and opulent.
4. Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot Pennsylvania (Barley Wine) Notes of date or perhaps fig on the palate follow a pleasurably malty aroma to your taste buds. The finish is warm and fruity, and begs for the next sip.
5. Smuttynose Old Brown Dog New Hampshire (Brown Ale) Compared to a typical English Brown Ale, Old Brown Dog is fuller-bodied and more strongly hopped.
6. Jolly Pumpkin Bam Bière Michigan (Saison) Golden, naturally cloudy, bottle conditioned and dry hopped for a perfectly refreshing balance of spicy malts, hops and yeast.
7. Goose Island Ten Hills Illinois (American Pale Ale) With hops from the “first ten hills” grown for Goose Island at Elk Mountain, they’ve crafted a pale ale that delivers both a citrus and herbal hop character.
8. North Coast PranQster Colorado (Belgian Strong Pale) PranQster uses a mixed culture of antique yeast strains that results in a floral nose, a full fruity flavor, and a clean finish.
9. Rogue XS Old Crustacean Oregon (Barley Wine) An unfiltered and unrefined barley wine that is intense, robust, malty, and dark.
10. Coronado Mermaid’s Red California (Red Ale) Loaded with Cascade hops, it delivers a fresh floral aroma and sharp bitter notes, all while delivering a solid kick of roasted malts that fades seamlessly into a rich, chocolaty finish with hints of clove and caramel.
11. Abita Abbey Ale Louisiana (Dubbel) Dark in amber color, the aromas of caramel, fruits and cloves invite you to contemplate the creamy head of this dubbel. Abita Abbey Ale is a malty brew, top-fermented and bottle aged to rapturous perfection.
12. Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan Mississippi (Brown Ale) The pecans are used just like grain and provide a nutty characteristic and a delightful depth to the flavor profile. This dark mahogany beer is very lightlyhopped to allow the malty, caramel, and nutty flavors shine through. The color is dark mahogany.