January 2014 Beer of the Month Club List
This month’s theme is “a bit of the old and the new.” Try all the beers on each month’s list and experience new flavors. Complete 10 lists and your name will be immortalized on the wall!
- Stift Engelszell Benno – This Trappist beer has an intense shade of red reminiscent of sunny autumn days in the Danube Valley and features Alsatian hops, which present a strong spice that is harmonized with pleasant malt aromas.
- Hofbrau Dunkel – With its alcoholic content of around 5.5% volume and its spicy taste, it’s a refreshing beer that suits all kinds of occasion. A beer in the traditional Munich style!
- Bold City Killer Whale – If you are tied to lagers, this ale is for you. It is neither malty nor too hoppy but instead is very light and refreshing.
- Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye Ruthless Rye – is brewed with rustic grain for refined flavors – combining the peppery spice of rye and the bright citrusy flavors of whole-cone hops to create a complex ale for the tumultuous transition to Spring.
- Founders Porter – This porter pours silky black with a creamy tan head. The nose is sweet with a strong chocolate and caramel malt presence. No absence of hops gives the Founders robust porter the full flavor you deserve and expect. Cozy like velvet – it’s a lover, not a fighter.
- Left Hand Sawtooth Sawtooth Ale – is an Extra Special Bitter. It is an extremely well balanced beer and possesses significant hop character, medium body, and a maltiness which increases in evidence as the beer warms.
- Great Divide Lasso Lasso – is the new frontier of India Pale Ale. Brewed with a robust roundup of Columbus, Centennial, and Cascade hops, its sessionable simplicity proves bigger isn’t always better. But make no mistake – the Wild West hasn’t gone mild. That same untamed IPA spirit thrives, and we reckon this’ll go down mighty fine.
- New Belgium Lips of Faith Pluot – Cross pollinate your tastebuds with Belgian imagination and you’ll be sipping this ale while visions of pluots dance in your head. Pluots? A hybrid of apricots and plums that impart a subtle sweetness. Ferment that with a wild Belgian yeast strain and you have a fruity yet spicy nature with a body reminiscent of red wine. Delicious.
- SweetWater Whiplash – This is an American style Belgian IPA, with a subtle ?avor in combination with citrusy/piney hops.
- Dogfish Head Sixty One – Dogfish Head’s classic 60 Minute IPA with Syrah grape must added for a subtle fruitiness behind a robust IPA profile.
- Scaldis Peche Mel – The natural flavoring of peach complements the original bitterness of the Scaldis Amber to create a rounded and perfectly balanced beer.
- Baltika – Baltika allows customers to enjoy the mild flavor of a fresh draught beer anywhere, not only in the bar. This lager is clean, crisp, and refreshing, as a lager should be. After one sip, you’ll be Russian to finish your beer.