Tipple’s Holiday Beer Tastings – December 15th & 16th
Join us for the 5th Annual Tipple’s Holiday Beer Tastings on December 15th & 16th at 7:30 pm! The tastings will be done in class format and guided by Andy Bielecki, the Bearded Taster at Swamp Head.
Admission is $35 per person, per night, and must be made in advance at Tipple’s or by phone (352-672-6303). When signing up please be sure to indicate which night you would like to attend as space is limited on both evenings. You will not be able to switch nights once signed up. Sorry, no refunds or cancellations, please make sure you can attend before signing up! Please arrange for a safe ride home.
In addition to sampling the featured beers your admission includes a souvenir beer glass, hors d’oeuvres provided by Strega Nona’s Oven, and 10% off most items in the store.
Ugly Christmas Sweaters are encouraged. The wearer of the ugliest Christmas sweater each night will receive a free bottle of St Bernardus Christmas!
The Tasting List:
Jolly Pumpkin Noel de Calabaza
- Michigan – Belgian Dark Strong Ale – 9%
- Deep Mahogany and malty, layered hops, figs, raisins, sugar plums, and cashews betwixt rum-laden truffles.
Fantome Noel 2013
- Belgium – Saison – 10%
- A rich, dark-colored beer with lots of deep-roasted chocolate malt, but still fairly dry, with a hint of sourness at the core. It is very spicy with some winter spruce flavor. The wild yeast sourness also adds to its welcoming character.
- Denmark – Sour Ale – 6%
- A cloudy, light orange color with a fine, foamy thick white head. A mild spicy impression with acidic green apples, cloves, and a sweetness reminiscent of dried apricots. There is also a lemon peel-like bitterness with a lactic touch. The taste blasts out saison expressions of white pepper and oxidated apples. The sour impression is very refreshing and drinkable. A freshness tops the dry impressions of the barrels. The finish is very dry with a touch of bitterness that is reminiscent of citrus peel.
St Bernardus Christmas Ale
- Belgium – Quadrupel – 10%
- Rivaling the complexity of the St Bernardus Abt 12, St Bernardus Christmas Ale offers a spicy, mint-like flavor profile exuding the tastes of warming alcohol, fermented molasses, apricots, licorice, and marzipan that are highlighted by the perfect balance of brewing sugars.
Cigar City Sugar Plum
- Florida – Brown Ale – 5.5%
- A rich-bodied brown ale forms the stage for holiday flavors that dance a festive ballet highlighted by pirouetting leaps of Christmas inspired spices. Cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, rose hips, and chamomile complement the subtle chocolate and light coffee notes of the malt and the addition of roasted carob and chicory complete the performance.
Swamp Head Hoe Hoe Hoe
- Florida – Witbier – 5.5%
- Hoe Hoe Hoe is a seasonal Belgian witbier crafted to complement a Floridian Winter. They start with their year-round witbier, Cottonmouth, and marry it with cranberries, fresh ginger, and Florida orange blossom honey to produce a slightly tart seasonal specialty.
- Austria – Dopplebock – 14%
- Brewed only once a year on December 6, Samichlaus is then aged for ten months before bottling. It undergoes an unusually long fermentation by traditional cold lagering and offers sweetness and flavors of intense alcohol.
Cigar City Warmer Winter Winter Warmer
- Florida – Winter Warmer – 10%
- A traditional English style Winter warmer that has been hopped with American hops like Simcoe, Centennial, Columbus, Chinook, Amarillo, and Glacier. It pours dark amber in color with notes of toffee and dried citrus in the aroma. Flavor opens with a caramel and toffee sweetness that is cut off by notes of citrus and pine bitterness with hints of rye and lingering notes of toffee, citrus, and rye.
Prairie Christmas Bomb!
- Oklahoma – Imperial Stout – 11.5%
- This Christmas inspired treatment of Prairie’s popular, and delicious, imperial stout aged on espresso beans, chocolate, vanilla beans, and ancho chile pepper features an additional blast of Crhistmas spices.
- Belgium – Belgian Dark Strong Ale – 12%
- This is a sweet beer with a pleasant flavor of hops. The brewer uses a traditional process which consists of placing hop flowers in the vats where the beer rests for four to six weeks by which time it will have reached full maturity, giving it a very distinctive taste.
Struise Tsjeeses Reserva 2013 Port Barrel Aged
- Belgium – Belgian Strong Pale Ale – 10%
- Tsjeeses is a strong, blonde, Winter beer with a fluffy white head and elegant aroma. It has flavors of dried fruits, spices, refreshing herbs, and noble hops. This beer is complex and fairly dry, with an expressive body and nice afterglow.
Two Brothers Peppermint Bark Porter
- Illinois – Porter – 6.7%
- Holidays are about bringing people together and Two Brothers has brought two of their favorite things into one artisan offering. This dessert in itself evokes thoughts of warm fires and terrible toasts from family members you only see once a year. Savor the great parts of your holiday season by raising a glass to family and friends.