Halloween Beer Tasting – Monday, October 26, 2015
Join us on Monday, October 26th at 7 pm for our annual Halloween Tasting! We will be sampling a few pumpkin and other Halloween inspired beers. We will also be holding a costume competition with the winner receiving a special bottle of beer!
Admission is $35 per person and tickets must be purchased in advance at Tipple’s or by phone (352-672-6303). Sorry, no refunds or cancellations, please make sure you can attend before signing up! You will be consuming some delicious beers so please arrange for a safe ride home.
In addition to samples of the featured beers your admission includes a souvenir beer glass and 10% off most items in the store.
The Tasting List:
Uinta Oak Jacked Imperial Pumpkin
- Utah – 10.31% – Pumpkin Beer
- Jacked is brewed with fresh pumpkin and fall spices and has been aging in Oak barrels for 6 months. The oak barrels add subtle nuances of toasted vanilla and bourbon notes. With an ABV of 10.31% (a play on the date of Halloween), Jacked is a big, unique pumpkin ale.
Southern Tier Pumking 2014 & 2015
- New York – 8.6% – Pumpkin Beer
- We will be doing a mini vertical of this classic pumpkin beer.
Tomoka Pumpkin Chai Saison
- Florida – 8% – Pumpkin Beer
- Think of a nice refreshing saison but also one of those drinks you can get this time of year at one of those fairly well known coffee shops.
Dieu du Ciel! Peche Mortel
- Canada – 9.5% – Imperial Stout
- If you love really good coffee and really good beer equally, you will be thrilled with Péché Mortel. If coffee isn’t your cup of tea, and caffeine makes you bounce off the ceiling, then just put the bottle down and find something else to drink.
Avery Samael’s Oak Aged Ale
- Colorado – Barley Wine – 14.2%
- Samael’s Ale is a super-caramelly, oak aged English inspired barley wine. The oak is very apparent in this rich and high gravity ale, adding additional depth and complexity with a woody and cask-like nose and a pronounced vanilla flavor on the palate.
- Canada – 8% – Belgian Strong Ale
- Maudite is a mahogany-colored, rich-tasting premium beer that has a distinctive, complex taste. Because of the warmth it releases, this strong character beer must be served cool but not cold. Perfect with pasta, red meats, stews and spicy dishes, it also makes a good aperitif and after-dinner drink.
- Belgium – 8% – Belgian Strong Ale
- Lucifer entrances with fresh lemon and pear aromas that brighten the beer’s bready, bubblegum scents. Carbonation carries soft bread notes with a bit of sugar sweetness across the palate. A tar lemon zest flavor burst in the middle, followed by lemon and ripe pear. A refreshingly dry finish clings to lemon and pear with a touch of warming alcohol.
- France – 8.5% – Belgian Pale Ale
- This beer has a golden robe topped by a nice white head. On the nose, you will find cereals, spices and candied fruit aromas. In the mouth, there is a candied attack that puts forward banana and a very fine hoppy touch. The finish has a perfectly balanced bitterness.
De Molen Hel & Verdoemenis
- Netherlands – 10% – Imperial Stout
- Brewed with brown malts, an English traditional specialty malt, De Molen created an Imperial Russian Stout that has won prizes at festivals across Europe from Sweden to Italy. It’s big, black, roasted and complex. Not trying this ale will be a mortal sin to your taste buds and beer experience.